The social problems occurring in the border areas affected by regional inequality of opportunities are similar in the two counties, but there may be differences in the responses to the problems, which appears in the operation of the social provision system. Training of professionals must be aligned to the methods and approaches used for solving the problems, too. It is a challenge to understand each other’s good practices.
The general objective of the project is to contribute to the development of the economy with social and territorial cohesions by improving the quality of training of social professionals. One of the specific objectives is to transfer of coherent theoretical and practical knowledge, and skills for future social profesional. Another specific objective is to research the main characteristics of social professional training and employment opportunities for social professionals in Hajdu-Bihar and Bihor counties.
The cross-border character of the project is resulted by the demand on improvement in the quality of education arising on both the Romanian and the Hungarian side of the border. As social professionals are trained on both sides, the need for the innovation of the training is a problem regardless of borders, and the solution of which is in their common interest. The cross-border character of the project also lies in that it is an added value resulted by the knowledge transfer between the education institutions. The published methodological manuals, course books, trainings, as well as the innovation of the practical training represent added value, thus contributing to the increase in the efficiency of education on both sides.
The direct target group of the project is the students, who become social professionals (social workers, social pedagogues) after graduation. One of the indirect impacts of the project applies on the functioning of the social security system, improving its quality by providing the labor market with better qualified professionals. More efficient help for people will result in the strengthening of social cohesion, which will help to improve the quality of life in border areas.
The conference was held on 23th of May 2012 at Partium Christian University (Oradea), at the location of the Project Partner. The Conference has been attended by 60 participants: representatives of local and regional media, as well as representatives of county level institutions and organizations connected to the problems of training and employment of social professionals. Among participants had been the Deputy General Director of the Bihor County Authority for Social Assistance and Child Protection (DGASPC Bihor) along with other representatives of this institution, the Counselor of Reformed Church District responsible for social services, the Chancellor of Partium Christian University, the Head of Department of Social Pedagogy at the University of Debrecen, as well as members of the project team representing both the Lead Partner and the Project Partner. The opening conference and press conference received extensive coverage in the local media. Project activities have been presented in the daily journals Bihari Napló, Reggeli Ujság as well as in several internet news portals (www.erdon.ro, www.nagyvaradi-hirhatar.ro, newsbihor.ro www.dehir.hu) News about the opening conference appeared in the official webpage of the Hungary-Romania Cross-Border Cooperation Programme. (http://www.huro-cbc.eu/hu/esemeny_adatai/nyitokonferencia/709)
Presentations form the conference: (download)
The closing conference, entitled Instruction, Innovation and Practice in the Training of Social Professionals took place on 14-15th February 2013 at Hajdúböszörmény, at the location of the Lead Partner. The Conference has been attended by 60 participants: researchers, educators and representatives of social work authorities and institutions from the Bihor-Hajdú-Bihar Euro-region. At the conference, project activities and results have been summarized. News about the closing conference and about the project appeared in the official webpage of the Hungary-Romania Crosss-Border Cooperation Programme and in the official website of the University of Debrecen.
As part of practical training, students of the two partner universities made reciprocal visits to social institutions in the other country in order to become familiar with the child protection and social provision system of both countries and to experience the similarities and differences in the daily work of social professionals. In the Spring Semester of the 2011/2012 academic year, field work visits in groups for 15-15 students from both sides of the border has been organized in 9 different institutions in each country. In the Fall Semester of the 2012/2013 academic year, practical training included individual (small group) field work, where the students had the opportunity to join the activities of social work institutions.
The practical training has been prepared by careful organizational and methodological work, which involved establishing a network of partner institutions in both countries, agreeing upon the organizational details and program of the study visits, elaboration of the content elements and working methods.
Students from the Hajdúböszörmény Pedagogical Faculty of Debrecen University had practical training in the following social institutions in Oradea:
- The headquarters of Bihor County Social Assistance and Child Protection Authority (Direcția Generală de Asistență Socială și Protecția Copilului Bihor) str. Feldioarei nr. 13
- The Hamburg House (Casa Hamburg) within the framework of Placing Centre no.1 for Children with Disabilities, str. Sucevei, nr. 42
- Placing Centre no.2 for Children with Disabilities (Centrul de Plasament pentru Copii cu Dizabilităţi) Nr.2, str. Santului, nr. 19
- Counseling Centre for Familial and Child Support (Centrul de de Consiliere si Sprijin pentru Parinti si Copii) str.Ioan Alexi nr.23
- Créche (Creșa) nr. 10, ASCO Oradea and Agnuli Dei Association str. Gradinarilor 16
- Special Kindergarten “Saint Therese” (Gradinita speciala "Casa Sfanta Theresa") str. Gheorghe Doja nr. 4 din Oradea
- Julia House Residential Family Centre (Plasament familial in centru de tip rezidential Casa Julia) str. Stefan cel Mare, nr. 28
- Day Care Centre (Centrul de Îngrijire de Zi) str. T. Lalescu, nr. 3 C.
- Créche (Creșa) nr. 10 „Sfantul Iosif” str. Traian Lalescu, nr.39
- The syllabus for the extra-courses and practical training to be offered to Social Work and Social Pedagogy students has been elaborated in cooperation by the experts of the two project partners.
- Extra-curricular theoretical training courses have been offered at the two partners institutions: at Partium Christian University to the Social Work Students and at Debrecen University, Hajdúböszörmény Pedagogical Faculty to the Social Pedagogy Students. Six courses have been delivered during the second term of the 2011/2012 academic year and during the first term of the 2012/2013 academic year. At Partium Christian University the following courses have been offered:
“Development of personal and professional abilities” – internal PP expert Judit Gombik
“Job-hunting techniques for social professionals – internal PP experts Georgina Szilágyi and Annamária Berei
“The system of child protection” – internal PP expert Enikő Szűcs
“Comparative analysis of child protection” – internal PP expert Enikő Szűcs
“Culture, tradition, behaviour, attitudes” - external LP expert Katalin Mojzesné Székely
“Opportunities of voluntary work” – external LP expert Katalin Mojzesné Székely
The Social Work students from Partium Christian University had practical training in the following social institutions in Hajdúböszörmény and Debrecen:
- Social Service Centre Home for Mentally Disabled Persons (Szociális Szolgáltatási Központ
- Értelmi Fogyatékosok Napközi Otthona) 4220 Hajdúböszörmény, Petőfi S. u. 31.
- Social Service Centre Child Wellbeing Service (Szociális Szolgáltatási Központ Gyermekjóléti Szolgálata) 4220 Hajdúböszörmény, Petőfi S. u. 42.
- “Treasure Searcher” Kindergarten and Primary School (Kincskereső Óvoda és Általános Iskola) Hajdúböszörmény, Esze Tamás u. 2-4.
- “Veress Ferenc” Professional Training School “Veress Ferenc” 4220 Hajdúböszörmény, Enyingi Török Bálint u. 5/A.
- “Dr. Molnár István” Kindergarten, Primary School, Special Professional Training School and Residence Centre (Dr. Molnár István Óvoda, Általános és Speciális Szakiskola Kollégium és Gyermekotthon) 4220 Hajdúböszörmény, Radnóti M. u. 5.
- Family Assistance Centre of Social Services Centre (Szociális Szolgáltatási Központ Családsegítő Központja) 4220 Hajdúböszörmény, Újvárosi u. 12
- Centre for Equality of Chance and Social Employment (Fény Felé Alapítvány Esélycentruma és Szociális Foglalkoztatója) 4225 Debrecen, Harmat u. 41
- Temporary Home for Families (Reménysugár Otthon Családok Átmeneti Otthona) 4026 Debrecen, Mester u. 30
- Children Home nr. 1, Debrecen City Authority (DMJV Reménysugár Otthona 1. sz. Gyermekotthona) 4022 Debrecen, Ibolya u. 22.
- Residential Home1/A Debrecen City AuthorityDMJV Reménysugár Otthona 1/A. Lakásotthona) 4030 Debrecen, Ladik u.
- Residential Home1/B Debrecen City AuthorityDMJV Reménysugár Otthona 1/A. Lakásotthona) 4030 Debrecen, Ladik u.
In order to enhance the efficiency of career orientation activities and as part of the practical training of social professionals, a Student Job Centre has been opened and endowed with the necessary office equipment in December 2012 at Partium Christian University, operated by a voluntary group of students participating in the project and supervised by a professor. A student job center with the similar purpose has been opened at the Hajdúböszörmény Pedagogical Faculty of Debrecen University.
- The first workshop was held in Hajdúböszörmény in 7th June 2012. After a general presentation and discussion concerning the activities of the project, with a particular focus on the development of training materials, participants have been divided in three working groups, focusing on particular aspects of training, curriculum development and career services, which continued their activities in the forthcoming workshops as well.
- The second workshop was organized in Oradea in 18th June 2012. In the first part of the workshop, the project team members of PP presented the detailed research plan and methodology. The presentation was followed by discussion. Proposals for the improvement of the research plan have been made and agreed upon.
- The third workshop was organized in Hajdúböszörmény in 15th October 2012. Participants discussed the progress and professional aspects of field research, training and teaching resources development activities.
- The fourth workshop was held in Oradea in 14th December 2012 and it was aimed to discuss and analyze in a cross border comparative perspective the outcome of the focus group interviews.
- The fifth workshop took place in Oradea in 24th January 2013 and has as its primary aim the analysis of child protection and social provision system in the two countries. A particular attention was devoted to the opportunities open to social professionals within child protection institutions.
- The sixth workshop was held in Hajdúböszörmény in First of February 2013. Participants discussed the final outcome of research activities and the professional aspects concerning the closing conference and the publication of project outcomes.
In order to enhance the efficiency of career orientation activities and as part of the practical training of social professionals, a Student Job Centre has been opened and endowed with the necessary office equipment in December 2012 at Partium Christian University, operated by a voluntary group of students participating in the project and supervised by a professor.
Kovácsné Dr. Babkosi Éva: The pedagogical questions of lesiure time / A szabadidő pedagógiai kérdéseihez
Lajos Kelemen: Development of personal and professional abilities /Személyiség- és szakmai képességfejlesztés
Child protection - methodological aids for learning the skills for child welfare and child protection/ Gyermekvédelmi ismeretek - módszertani segédanyag a gyermekjóléti-gyermekvédelmi ismeretek elsajátításához
Endréné Molnár – EmeseBelényi: Practica profesională- practica de teren în foramarea pedagogior sociali şi a asistenţilor sociali/Terepmunka – terepgyakorlat a szociálpedagógus és a szociális munkás képzésben
Invitation and programme of the opening conference:
Invitation and programme of the closing conference:
Invitation and programme of the Workshops:
I. Workshop in Hajduböszörmény 7th June 2012:
II.Workshop in Oradea in 18th June 2012:
III. Workshop in Hajduböszörmény 15th October 2012:
IV.Workshop in Oradea in 14th December 2012:
V. Workshop in Oradea in 24th January 2013:
VI. Workshop in Hajdúböszörmény in First of February 2013:
Partium Christian University:
RO 410209 Oradea
Str. Primăriei Nr.36